Identity protection for you and your family.
Identity theft affects millions of Americans each year. LegalShield offers two high quality identity theft plans to help protect and restore your identity. LegalShield Identity Theft Plan provides standard identity monitoring and the Identity Theft Premium Plan has more comprehensive monitoring. Best of all, both services provide Comprehensive Identity Restoration from Kroll. So in the unfortunate event something does happen to your identity, you’ll have professional help in getting your identity restored to what it was before the fraud occurred. To ensure you have the best coverage possible, the LegalShield plans include you, your spouse and up to 8 dependent children under the age of 18.
|Product Features||ID Plan||ID Premium
|Member and spouse covered|
|Credit Report with Score and Analysis|
Access to a single bureau credit report with a score is provided once membership is activated. Assistance with obtaining additional reports can be requested every 120 days.
|Comprehensive Restoration Service by Kroll*|
If you become a victim of identity theft while a LegalShield Plan member, Kroll will do everything in its power to restore your identity, for as long as it takes, until all resolvable issues have been addressed, some even long after the first signs of fraudulent activity have surfaced. When you provide Kroll a limited power of attorney, a dedicated Licensed Investigator at Kroll will perform comprehensive ID restoration services on your behalf using access to a variety of private resources obtainable through the specialized credentials held by Kroll. Regardless of the length of time to complete, your Investigator will work to remediate the fraudulent identity-theft issues and restore your identity to pre-theft status. *See limitations and exclusions below.
|Unlimited Identity Theft Consultation|
Access to unlimited consultation with a dedicated licensed investigator at Kroll. On such things as:
|Safeguard for MinorsSM|
Available for up to 8 dependent children under the age of 18, includes monitoring and alerts for credit files in your child’s name, expert credit consultation, and valuable information on credit education.
|Single Bureau Credit Monitoring and Activity Alert|
Once you activate your credit monitoring through a secure website, your credit report will be monitored continuously and you will receive an email alert if any activity occurs.
|Triple Bureau Credit Monitoring and Activity Alert|
Once you activate your credit monitoring through a secure website, your TransUnion, Experian and Equifax report will be monitored continuously and you will receive an email alert if any activity occurs.
Daily web monitoring for unauthorized use of your Social Security Number, credit/debit card numbers and other personal information.
Monthly monitoring of any changes to SSN or address history associated with your name.
|Lost Wallet Assistance**|
Help with canceling and replacing cards and IDs and placing fraud alerts for a lost wallet or purse.
|Social Security Number Skip-Trace**|
Social Security Number search through 34 billion public records to detect potential fraud. Identity Consultation.
|Sex Offender Search**|
Search of sex offender databases to detect location of sex offenders and whether a member’s address has been used by a registered sex offender.
* Limitations and exclusions for Comprehensive Restoration by Kroll.
** Services will be performed upon member request.
Plans may vary depending on your state or province of residence. Go to the Identity Theft Plan Purchase Section for more specific details.
Limitations and exclusions for Comprehensive Restoration by Kroll Advisory Solutions
- Kroll Advisory provides a wide range of identity theft restoration services for all LegalShield Plan members. In order to perform comprehensive ID restoration services for an identity theft victim, however, the victim must provide to Kroll Advisory a signed and notarized copy of Kroll Advisory?s Limited Power of Attorney, a copy of the police report citing the instance of identity theft, copies of government-issued photo identification (such as a driver?s license), and other identification information, including Social Security card and utility bill(s) (for proof of address), a completed Federal Trade Commission Identity Theft Affidavit citing the instance of identity theft, and any other additional items that may be relevant to the type of fraud committed.
- Coverage is not provided for the following events:
- Legal Remedy – Any Stolen Identity Event where the victim is unable or unwilling to prosecute the person who caused the victim to suffer the fraud or its consequences.
- Dishonest Acts – Any dishonest, criminal, malicious or fraudulent acts, if the Member(s) who suffered the fraud personally participated in, directed or had knowledge of such acts.
- Financial Loss – Membership Services do not cover any financial losses attributed to the Stolen Identity Event, including but not limited to, money stolen from a wallet or other monetary losses, unauthorized purchases of retail goods or services online, by phone, by mail or direct.
- Pre-existing Stolen Identity Event Limitations – If the victim either had knowledge of, or reasonably should have had knowledge of, the pre-existing stolen identity event based on information provided to the victim prior to enrollment in the program, such an event and the consequences related to it are not covered.
- Business – A covered stolen identity event does not include business losses, including but not limited to the theft or unauthorized or illegal use of the victim?s business name, DBA or any other method of identifying the victim?s business activity.
- Dormancy or inactivity – If the victim cannot or does not provide the items designated in paragraph 1 above, or, having initiated restoration, if the victim fails to respond to or cooperate in activity facilitated by Kroll Advisory for the purpose of ID restoration.
- Incurable – Because of the nature of the activity associated with identity theft, some issues cannot be resolved. For example, if a fraudulent act results in the victim?s name being improperly placed on a government agency?s restricted list (e.g., a ?no fly? list) neither Kroll Advisory nor LegalShield can promise removal of the victim?s name.
- Legal services are not separately provided under ID theft restoration services. LegalShield Plan members should consult their individual plans to determine availability of legal services.