LegalShield logo
Cart Cart for checkout

Small Business


Intellectual Property

*Supplements for specific legal matters can be added at any time when you choose the monthly subscription option only. Supplements are not available on the annual subscription option at this time.

Monthly and annual membership fees paid for the current membership period are non-refundable and the contract remains active until the end of the Eligibility Period.

Affordable Legal Help For Everyday IssuesInfo icon

A young woman cooking

Workers’ Rights Lawyers for Employees Get Legal Advice Online

If you’ve been fired for job hunting, harassed at work, or denied benefits—you need a lawyer who knows workers’ rights laws. It’s as simple as that. We provide access to a provider law firm that can inform you of your rights.

What is a workers’ rights lawyer?

Obviously, you are not on equal footing with your boss. So, if a dispute arises, you need an advocate. Which is a worker’s rights lawyer, who understands the complexities of employment law, and makes it work for you. Our provider lawyers are general practice, so it’s recommended to rework this section, so it fits with our service.

How to proceed?

If your rights have been trampled on, the good news is that you don’t have to jump through hoops to hire an experienced lawyer. In these three steps, you can get access to the help you need.

Step 1: Provide advice & consultation

The first step is to provide us with some basic information about your situation. You can schedule a consultation on your legal matter, and we will then connect you with one of our experienced provider lawyers. This initial consultation with your provider lawyer is part of being a LegalShield personal plan member, and it gives you the opportunity to ask questions and get a feel for whether or not you want to hire.

During this consultation, our provider lawyer will assess your case to see if you have a chance of winning. If they believe you do and you want to proceed, they offer to represent you for the 25% Discount to the standard hourly rate.

If you decide to move forward, the next step is to sign a contract with the lawyer representing you. Please review our LegalShield personal plan FAQs to help you feel comfortable with your decision.

Step 2: File an EEOC claim or lawsuit

The second step is either filing a claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or filing a separate lawsuit. Your provider lawyer will help you decide which route is best.

If you choose to file a claim with the EEOC, they will investigate your case and determine whether or not there is enough evidence to prove that your employer discriminated against you.

Step 3: Negotiate a settlement or go to trial

The third step depends on what the EEOC comes back with. If they find it in your favor, they may attempt to negotiate a settlement on your behalf. If they are unable to reach a settlement, they may file a lawsuit on your behalf.

If you choose to file a lawsuit, it could go to trial, and a judge or jury will decide whether or not you are entitled to damages. No matter what route you choose, your LegalShield provider lawyer can be with you every step of the way. They will help you gather evidence, prepare for interviews, and represent you in court under the 25% Discount.

Woman distressed and needing an employment lawyer
A young woman cooking


In addition to helping with employment law, your LegalShield Membership entitles you to:

Access to a dedicated provider law firm.

Lawyers who average 22 years of experience.

A Standard Will, which costs an average of $2,000, along with a Living Will, Durable Power of Attorney, and yearly updates, for LegalShield personal plan members, included as part of the membership.

  • Your provider lawyer can provide advice and legal consultation on an unlimited number of personal legal matters like tax matters traffic tickets, document reviews, tenant/landlord disputes—the legal issues that simply come with life.

All this comes included in our Personal and Family Legal Plan at $29.95/month.

Customer reviews

At LegalShield, we’ve built a strong reputation for providing legal services to workers across the country. Take a look at these LegalShield testimonials and see what our members are saying.

Connect with a LegalShield provider lawyer

If you’ve been the victim of workplace discrimination, it’s important to have access to a provider law firm network that has experience handling cases like yours. You should also make sure that they are familiar with the laws in your state.

Remember to ask about the lawyer’s fee structure. Finally, you should feel comfortable with your lawyer. This is a very personal decision, and you need to make sure that you are able to trust your representation.

At LegalShield, we offer access to a provider law firm network you can count on. To learn more about how we can help, contact us today to view our LegalShield Membership plans.

Meet your lawyers

LegalShield has a network of dedicated law firms across the U.S. and Canada made up of seasoned lawyers with an average of 22 years of experience. Our provider law firms provide legal protection to millions of members any time they need it, even in covered emergency situations, 24/7, 365 days a year.

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

What is a workers' rights lawyer?

A workers’ rights lawyer represents employees when their rights have been violated by their employers.

How to find a lawyer for workers’ rights?

You can find a lawyer by contacting LegalShield. We will connect you with an experienced provider law firm that is familiar with the laws in your state.

When should I hire a lawyer for workers’ rights?

We recommend hiring a lawyer as soon as possible after you have been wrongfully fired or had your rights violated by your employer.

I was terminated from my job. Can I sue my employer?

It depends on the circumstances of your termination. If you were fired because of your race, gender, religion, or another protected characteristic, you may be able to sue for discrimination. You should speak to an experienced lawyer who knows workers’ rights to see if you have a case.