Create a Last Will and Testament
Creating a Will on your own can be overwhelming and time consuming. Without the help of an attorney, you may not have the peace of mind that your wishes will be communicated to your loved ones or that a court will honor your wishes.
Most attorneys charge an average of $1,500 to draft a basic Will and estate plan. There is a better option.
A LegalShield Plan is just $24.95 per month. It covers you, your spouse & your children and comes with a Will drafted by your provider attorney at no additional charge.
Part of our responsibility to our family is preparing for our passing and making sure that the legal aspects of our affairs are as organized and manageable as possible.
A Last Will and Testament (“Will”) is a legal document which provides who is to receive your property after your death, who will administer your estate, who will serve as guardian of your children, if applicable, and other provisions. It is important that your wishes are communicated to your loved ones and gives them guidance in making difficult decisions. Questions of guardianship of children and even pets may be left to the courts if you die without a Will.
Sadly, 35% of Americans say they have had some sort of family conflict due to a loved one dying without a Will. Without clear direction on distributing your assets, your family may be left without direction and may experience conflict.
A well drafted Will helps make sure your loved ones are taken care of in the manner you wish, and that provides at least a small measure of comfort during a difficult time. Each state has laws governing Wills. Please contact your provider law firm for assistance.
If you pass away without a Will, it’s referred to as having died intestate. If this happens, a court must determine how to distribute your assets. The more this process drags on, the more fees and taxes your loved ones end up paying.
Without a Will, Probate can consume your loved ones' time for up to 2 years and eat up 3-7% of the value of your estate.
You can save your family from this probate nightmare by working with an experienced estate planning attorney to make sure your estate is in order.
As your life changes, so should your Will. Major life events are often signs you should create, or update your Will.
- Purchase or Sale of home
- Business ownership
- Death of a loved one
Work with an experienced attorney to create a Last Will & Testament which can be updated to accommodate your needs as your life changes.
A Legal Plan is the Easy, Affordable Solution
Starting at just $24.95 per month, a Legal Plan from LegalShield gets you access to an entire law firm in your state.
It’s the simple, stress-free way to cross this critical item off your task list.
- Advice & Consultation: Have questions? A legal plan lets you speak to an experienced estate planning attorney about an unlimited number of personal legal issues. If they're not available at the time, your provider attorney will always call you back in 4 business hours or less.
- Last Will & Testament: Your provider attorney will collect information from you, draft a Last Will & Testament for you, and provide consultation about the document. Our provider attorneys are committed to preparing your Will in 5 business days or less.
- Power of Attorney: Your provider attorney can prepare a Power of Attorney and consult with you about the document.
- Living Will: Your provider attorney can create an Advanced Directive document, also known as a Living Will.
- Annual Updates: Get a provider attorney to update your Will every year as your life changes, at no additional charge.