An Advance Directive, also known as a Living Will, is a legal document which allows you to make your wishes known regarding end of life decisions in advance, in case you are ever unable to do so. It can also include other provisions and is essential to any estate plan.
Our most popular family plan is just $24.95 per month and includes a Living Will provided by a provider attorney at no additional charge.
Living Wills dictate the type of medical treatment you wish to receive should you be incapacitated and unable to make decisions on your own. Without a Living Will in place, you leave gut wrenching decisions to your loved ones.
A Living Will eliminates uncertainty when emotions are naturally high and when family members may have conflicting wishes. While nobody likes to think about the end of their life, preparing now can provide peace of mind for you and your family.
Because laws vary from state to state, it is crucial you seek assistance from an attorney related to this document. This can help ensure that an individual’s healthcare wishes are carried out, and provide family and friends with clear and unambiguous directions in a medical emergency or end-of-life situation. Join LegalShield today and contact your provider law firm for assistance.
Medical procedures, technology, and ethics are constantly evolving. Your life and your family change over time. Some common reasons people update a living will include:
- Diagnosis or new information about your health
- Changes to your healthcare wishes
- Loss of a loved one
- Changes in medical technology
- Changes to health care law
- Moving to a new state
A living will remains legally binding until it is formally revoked. As the world, and your situation changes, you should keep your Estate Plan up to date.
Making difficult medical decisions today helps your family worry less now, and prevents stressful uncertainty during a medical emergency. Regardless of your age or current health, you should consider and legally establish the type of care you’d like so that your family isn't asked to make the tough calls in the midst of an emotional medical emergency.
An estate planning attorney will walk you through the common medical scenarios you should consider and how to address each, so your living will is comprehensive and legally enforceable should you need it.
A Legal Plan is the Easy, Affordable Solution
Starting at just $24.95 per month, a Legal Plan from LegalShield gets you access to an entire law firm in your state.
It’s the simple, stress-free way to cross this critical item off your task list.
- Advice & Consultation: Have questions? A legal plan lets you speak to an experienced estate planning attorney about an unlimited number of personal legal issues. If they're not available at the time, your provider attorney will always call you back in 4 business hours or less.
- Last Will & Testament: Your provider attorney will collect information from you, draft a Last Will & Testament for you, and provide consultation about the document. Our provider attorneys are committed to preparing your Will in 5 business days or less.
- Power of Attorney: Your provider attorney can prepare a Power of Attorney and consult with you about the document.
- Living Will: Your provider attorney can create an Advanced Directive document, also known as a Living Will.
- Annual Updates: Get a provider attorney to update your Will every year as your life changes, at no additional charge.