Legal & IDT Benefits Protect Amid COVID-19
Human Resource leaders and business owners across the nation and around the world are working tirelessly to navigate through these uncertain times. We at LegalShield are inspired by the ingenuity and hard work we are witnessing companies display. We stand open and ready to serve our clients and their employees during this crisis. Over the coming months, legal and identity theft protection plans will be some of the most crucial benefits employers can offer their employees. With a legal and identity theft protection plan, employees can have the peace of mind and financial protection they need, allowing them to focus on their health, their families and their work.
Why Do Employees Need a Legal Services Plan?
Legal protection plans are a benefit that provides more than peace of mind. A legal services plan allows employees to take a proactive approach in safeguarding their assets and assists with some of life’s most common legal matters. With LegalShield, employees can navigate the daily uncertainties caused by COVID-19. Some of the personal/financial wellness matters that employees can expect to deal with during this crisis may include debt collection and other financial matters, consumer protection matters such as receiving reimbursement for monthly gym memberships, tax advice, estate planning matters such as the preparation of Wills and health care directives, landlord/tenant issues and more.
A Legal Protection Plan from LegalShield Can Help with Common Personal Legal Matters Employees May Face During This Crisis:
Estate Planning Matters
- Preparation of healthcare directives, powers of attorney, Wills within five business days or less. Preparation of Wills can be started right from the LegalShield mobile app.
Family Legal Matters
- Preparation for a health emergency by creating the appropriate documents with the help of their dedicated LegalShield Provider Firm.
Consumer/Finance Protection Matters
- Consultation and assistance with reimbursement for travel cancellations or restrictions.
- Consultation and assistance with debt collection issues including credit card payments, repossession, foreclosure and bankruptcy.
- Consultation and assistance with childcare concerns and reimbursement of inaccessible dependent extracurricular activities.
- Consultation and assistance with reimbursement for inaccessible monthly goods or services, such as gym memberships.
- Consultation and advice on VA, Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid benefits.
- Consultation and reimbursement for tuition payments for college, private school, daycare or other institutions can access help from their provider attorney.
- Consultation and assistance with traffic ticket questions and driver’s license issues when the courts and the DMV are closed. A traffic ticket can be uploaded directly from the LegalShield mobile app.
- Consultation and assistance with general housing matters.
- Consultation and assistance with construction/contractor disputes/reimbursements.
- Consultation and assistance with tenant/landlord matters including eviction, security deposit disputes or early lease termination (e.g. a college student who must come home early and needs to break their lease agreement).
- Consultation and assistance in case of canceled real estate transactions due to job or economic loss.
Why Do Employees Need an Identity Theft Protection Plan?
Crises like COVID-19 are a breeding ground for criminals. As the need to stay at home increases, more people are turning to the internet for work, shopping and entertainment. Identity thieves take advantage of this and put their hacking skills to work, meaning your employees and your private company information could be in danger. Warn your employees to look out for fraud and online scams, while you provide them with a valuable identity theft protection from IDShield.
Common Frauds to Avoid During the COVID-19 Pandemic Include:
Charitable solicitation fraud
Property insurance fraud
Unknown health products
Malicious website URLs
Emails containing malicious links
Benefits of an Identity Theft Protection Plan from IDShield
IDShield monitors online privacy, identifying any potential hacks and sending an immediate alert.
IDShield provides internet and Dark Web monitoring for any suspicious occurrences involving Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and will send an alert if a discrepancy is found.
IDShield provides a monthly credit score tracker.
IDShield provides consultation and education on common scams, including charitable scams and others listed above.
IDShield provides full-service identity restoration by a team of dedicated licensed private investigators.
Among these and other great benefits, IDShield provides your employees with peace of mind. As they work remotely and rely on the internet more than ever, they can rest assured that their information is safe. Your company will be secure, and your employees will thank you for it.
It’s Time to Be Prepared, Not to Panic
Provide the best in benefits to your employees with LegalShield. For more information view our COVID-19 resource page.
This is a general overview of the legal and identity theft plan coverage available from LegalShield for illustration purposes only. For complete terms, coverage and conditions, please see a legal plan or identity theft plan for specific state of residence for complete terms, coverage, amounts and conditions. All Licensed Private Investigators are licensed in the state of Oklahoma. This is not intended to be legal advice. Please contact an attorney for legal advice or assistance.
Protect your employees by offering LegalShield benefits today.