Create a Last Will and Testament
Creating a Will on your own can be overwhelming and time consuming. Without the help of an experienced attorney, you may never be sure a court will honor your wishes.
Most attorneys charge an average of $1,500 to draft a basic Will and estate plan. There is a better option.
A LegalShield Plan is just $24.95 per month, and covers you, your spouse & your children.
Part of our responsibility to our family is preparing for our passing and making sure that the legal aspects of our affairs are as organized and manageable as possible.
A Last Will & Testament is a document that communicates your wishes for your estate — your financial and physical assets. More crucially, questions of guardianship of children and even pets will be left to the courts if you die without a Will.
Sadly, 35% of Americans say they have had some sort of family conflict due to a loved one dying without a Will. Without clear direction on distributing your assets, your family is left to fight it out.
A well drafted Will ensures your loved ones are taken care of in the manner you wish, and that provides at least a small measure of comfort during a difficult time.
If you pass away without a Will, it’s referred to as having died intestate. If this happens, a court must determine how to distribute your assets. The more this process drags on, the more fees and taxes your loved ones end up paying.
Without a Will, Probate can consume your loved ones' time for up to 2 years and eat up 3-7% of the value of your estate.
You can save your family from this probate nightmare by working with an experienced estate planning attorney to make sure your estate is in order.
As your life changes, so should your Will. Major life events are often signs you should create, or update your Will.
- Purchase or Sale of home
- Business ownership
- Death of a loved one
Work with an experienced attorney to create a Last Will & Testament which can be updated to accommodate your needs as your life changes.
A Legal Plan is the Easy, Affordable Solution
Starting at just $24.95 per month, a Legal Plan from LegalShield gets you access to an entire law firm in your state.
It’s the simple, stress-free way to cross this critical item off your task list.
- Advice & Consultation: Have questions? A legal plan lets you speak to an experienced estate planning attorney about an unlimited number of legal issues. If they're not available at the time, your attorney will always call you back in 4 business hours or less.
- Last Will & Testament: Your attorney will collect information from you, draft a Last Will & Testament for you, and provide consultation about the document. Our attorneys are committed to preparing your Will in 5 business days or less.
- Power of Attorney: Your attorney can prepare a Power of Attorney and consult with you to ensure your family's health care wishes are protected.
- Living Will: Your attorney can create an advanced health care directive document for every covered member in your family.
- Annual Updates: Get an attorney to update your Will every year as your life changes, at no additional charge.